Whatever Floats Your Boat…
Lake Huron, the AuSable River, and the numerous inland lakes of the Oscoda region provide one of the most diverse and beautiful locations in our state for fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking or just enjoying a day at the beach.
Fishing in Oscoda can deliver an experience of a lifetime. Here you will find a variety of inland lakes, streams, and the Au Sable River that are home to trout, salmon, walleye and perch. In all 4 seasons of the year, anglers find their way to our region for trophy fishing excursions.
Popular local fishing spots:
- Van Etten Lake
- Cedar Lake
- AuSable River
- Foote Pond, Cooke Dam and Loud Dam
- Oscoda Harbor of Refuge
For information about all of our local paddling events visit the Au Sable Canoe Marathon website.
- Annual Klondike Canoe Race – for more information call: (989) 820.5196
- HUP – Hurry up Paddle or Sink – for more information call: 989.739.7322
- Curly Memorial Canoe Race – for more information call: 989.820.5196
- Annual AuSable River International Canoe Marathon – for more information call: 989.820.5196
- Annual AuSable River Canoe & Clean – for more information call: 989.739.9040
Offering the finest in peace and serenity in Northern Michigan, AuSable, Oscoda and Greenbush have more than 20-miles of pristine, sandy beaches along the beautiful Lake Huron. Wonderful beaches can also be found on the famous AuSable River, Cedar Lake or Van Etten Lake.
Oscoda Beach Park
Oscoda Beach Park has 1,025 ft of Lake Huron lakeshore for sunbathing and an observation deck with a lighted boardwalk leading along the shoreline with access to a streetscape pathway just 2 blocks from downtown Oscoda.
- skateboard park
- small basketball court
- band shell
- children’s play equipment and splash pad
- picnic tables and grills
- bathhouse with restrooms
- paved parking area
- all handicapped accessible
Huron Sunrise Park
Located just 3 miles north of downtown Oscoda, this park features more than 2,600 feet of Lake Huron shoreline. And as the name suggests, it is the perfect spot for an early morning walk on the beach to watch the sunrise. The Huron Sunrise Trail can als obe accessed from this beach.
AuSable Shoreline Park
The AuSable River meets Lake Huron at Au Sable Shoreline Park. A sandy beach, grills, pinic tables, and a gazebo make it the perfect spot to enjoy a picnic. And for birders, at the southern end of the park you will find the Sunrise Coast Birding Trail.
Van Etten Beach Park
Ready for a day ripping across the waves of the big lake in a speed boat or jet ski, or maybe a slow paced day relaxing on a pontoon? Whatever your pace, you will find access to the waterways of the Oscoda region your passport to boating fun.
Available charters boats in Oscoda:
- My High Charter Services – Contact: 989.305.5945
- Go-Deep (30′) – Contact: 989.257.5183
- Calypso Charter Service (27′) – Contact: 989.739.2313
- Captain Rich Tack – Contact: 734-365-3424
- Beyer Charter Service (25′) – Contact: 989.739.5614
- Rainbow Charter Services – Contact: 989.739.5696
- Streamside Guide Services – Contact: 989.848.5983
- Richard Satkowiak – Contact: 989.992.9480
- Fishy Mitten Charters – Contact: 989-284-1547